• Subscribe on YouTube ► http://bit.ly/ytubesub
• One-to-One Coaching (Patreon) ► http://bit.ly/drpatreon
• Watch The Male Pattern Baldness Myth ► http://bit.ly/baldmyth
• Get My Best-Selling Book For Free ► http://bit.ly/hlafbook
• Facebook ► http://bit.ly/tdrwfaceb
• Instagram ► http://bit.ly/instatdrw
• Twitter ► http://bit.ly/twitterdr
• Website ► http://bit.ly/maindrod
“All members of this group [prostaglandins] are synthesized from ‘polyunsaturated’ fatty acids that must be supplied by the diet. From a quantitative standpoint, arachidonic acid is the major precursor.” “Meats and peanuts contain small amounts [of arachidonic acid], but the liver forms most of it from linoleic acid. Arachidonic acid is the precursor of the prostaglandins with two double bonds, and of the several other biologically potent substances."
"These results define PGD2 as an inhibitor of hair growth in male-pattern baldness and suggest the PGD2-GPR44 pathway as a potential target for treatment.”
"EFA deficiency has been shown to exert an antiinflammatory effect."
"In summary, the anti-inflammatory effect of EFA deficiency was more marked that that of dietary (n-3) fatty acid supplementation in acute inflammation."
1. Endocrine Physiology by Constance R. Martin (1985)
2. Prostaglandin d2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia (2012)
3. Essential fatty acid deficiency: a new look at an old problem (1986)
4. Manipulation of the acute inflammatory response by dietary polyunsaturated fatty acid modulation (1990)